Looking for more website traffic?
FIRST you should focus on “CONVERSIONS”
By Brett Lloyd Abbott, MYM Austin Inc.
I’ve spilled a lot of “digital ink” talking about “Pay per Click” and “Search Engine Optimization” and lots of other tricks to drive more traffic to your website. But we must never forget that if your website isn’t CONVERTING those visitors into actual LEADS that take some sort of ACTION to contact you, you’re pretty much wasting your time and money.
Let’s define what I mean by a “conversion.” Any one of the following actions would be considered a favorable “website conversion” activity:
- They pick up the phone and call you.
- They fill out your “contact us” form.
- They send you an e-mail request.
- They “click” and download something from your website.
- Or (the ultimate conversion) if you have an e-commerce site, they purchase something online.
The secret to getting more people to take one of the above “conversion” actions is NOT to spend more money on advertising or SEO, but to modify and update your website as necessary, to make people WANT to contact you.
It makes no sense to spend $2000+ a month on advertising
to send people to a website that makes them say
“Nah, this ain’t the builder for me…”
A few months ago, I offered you my FREE 67-point “Website Evaluation” tool, so that you could figure out for yourself whether your website was all it could be. (Jump down to the bottom of that blog post.) I think it’s a fantastic tool, but let’s be honest – you’ve REALLY got to be serious about your website to want to sit down and inspect 67 different issues, items and elements on your website. (I do it all the time, but I’m a marketing guy; that’s what I do for a living.)
My guess is you’d rather be selling and building pools.
That’s why today, I’m going to offer you my MUCH SIMPLER “Website Conversion Calculator.” It looks at a grand total of FIVE key factors that will determine 90% of your websites success. In less than 5 minutes, you’ll know whether you’ve got a website problem that’s affecting your ability to convert leads and sell more pools.
All you have to do is give yourself a score between 1 and 5 on each of the following key elements:
- FIRST IMPRESSION: How’s the Design / Style / Layout and overall eye-appeal?
- MENU HIERARCHY: Is it simple, sensible, easy-to-read and in a logical location?
- CONVERSION POTENTIAL: Does it “flow naturally” with multiple thumbnails, hyperlinks and calls to action?
- PHOTO PORTFOLIO: What is the size, structure, quantity and quality of your gallery photos?
- WEBSITE “POPULARITY” / ALEXA RANKINGS: What does the rest of the world think of your website?
The one-page spreadsheet explains in “plain English” exactly how to determine whether you deserve a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 on each of these 5 elements. It’s a super-easy no-brainer, and as I said, it’s FREE.
To test your own website,
Click the link below to download
The FREE Website Conversion Calculator:
Meanwhile, If you want some one-on-one advice regarding your website, then click here to schedule a one-on-one appointment with MYM Austin. Or give us a call at 877-634-8787.
To your success…