This handy little website speed-test is highly informative, and totally FREE.
And it can actually help you sell more pools.
By Brett Lloyd Abbott, Pool Builder Marketing LLC
We’ve known for several years that “website speed” plays a big role in the overall success of your website. (So much so, in fact, that some experts are now suggesting you should pay more than $200/month to host your website on a faster “dedicated server.”) That’s because:
- Google measures your website speed when they decide whether to show your website first, or show your competitor’s website first. Slower websites get kicked to the back of the bus.
- And those fastidious humans we call “website visitors” have lost their patience when it comes to website loading time. Be slow to load, and you be getting dumped in a hurry.
That’s why it behooves ALL website owners (especially pool builders) to check their website speed, and make sure you don’t have any problems. And fortunately, it’s super-easy.
There are several tests out there,
but my personal favorite is GTmetrix.
I prefer GTmetrics because:
- It provides a super-easy-to-understand graphic summary of your score.
- It performs multiple tests/analyses at once.
- It digs a lot deeper than most other tests.
- It provides very specific recommendations of exactly what you/your web people need to fix.
- It also tells you how important each individual measurement is.
- And it’s based on what Google and Yahoo/Bing want and measure.
Most importantly, you can instantly tell at a glance whether or not you’ve got a problem.
For example, this website is clearly in good shape,
at least from a speed standpoint:
By contrast, this website needs serious help:
If you want to find out quickly whether or not your website needs help, just run this free test. It only takes a couple of minutes, and gives you a TON of insights. You’ll be glad you did.