Here’s how GOOGLE will soon
OBLITERATE traditional SEO,
And what you’ll need to do about it…
By Brett Lloyd Abbott, MYM Austin Inc.
If you haven’t heard about “Google Home Services,” you need to know about it now. This is likely to have a DRAMATIC effect on how people search for and find home service providers (including pool builders and pool service companies) in the very near future.
Google has been experimenting with this in San Francisco for several months. At the moment, the testing is limited to plumbers, locksmiths and maid services. But everyone (all the SEO and PPC experts in the world) expects them to expand this to ALL cities and ALL types of home contractor services in the very near future.
Here’s how it works:
- The traditional “Pay Per Click” ads at the top of the page have been replaced by a new “Compare 3 Contractors” search function. (Much like Service Magic, Home Advisor and other similar services, this will instantly send an identical request to 3 different chosen contractors in the area.)
- Underneath these ads, all the traditional “organic listings” for individual pool companies have been replaced by “directory listings” such as Yelp, Dex, Houzz, YellowPages, etc.
- Individual company listings will now show up on page 2, page 3, etc.
- The only thing that HASN’T changed is the column of traditional pay per click ads on the right.
This is a BRILLIANT move by Google, because:
- The ads at the top of the page don’t look like ads anymore.
- Homeowners will be eager to use this new “Compare 3 Contractors” feature.
- Google gets paid by all 3 advertisers every time a homeowner does a comparison.
- And most importantly – Everyone who has been enjoying good organic search rankings in the past will now have little choice but to start Pay Per Click advertising if they want to get back onto page 1.
Here’s a screenshot of an actual search for locksmiths in San Francisco, showing the “new look” with all the changes described above:
This screenshot shows how the homeowner then chooses 3 different contractors to request a bid:
Yes, this is kind of a big deal.
That’s why we’re scheduling a WEBINAR
to explain what you should do about it.
On Wednesday, January 20, at 12 noon central time, I’ll bring in two of my favorite Google Search experts (Geoff Frink and Joseph Christoforo) and we’ll show you exactly how you should deal with this.
We’ll also discuss WHY Google is doing this, and review some of the other latest SEO and PPC tricks that will help you maintain or improve your rankings with Google.
To register for this FREE webinar, simply click this link: “How and Why Google Is Obliterating Traditional Search“, and find out what you should do about it.
You must register in advance for this webinar.
As always, space is limited, so please click the link and sign up right away.
I look forward to “seeing you” on the webinar January 20.
2016 Brett Lloyd Abbott / MYM Austin, Inc. May not be used without permission.